Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

On my way!

In my first ever posting I declared that I will make all my presents this year.  So I've been sewing like crazy to finish my first two gifts of the year.

The first is a Melly and Me 'Mrs Perkins' giraffe.  It's for a baby shower - the lady having her baby has an 'African' theme in the nursery so I thought the giraffe would be a perfect addition.  Instead of sewing on the eyes with fabric, I used googlies, and I added a tail - will be for display purposes only!



The second is a Melly and Me 'Mr Magoo' monkey which I've turned into a Ms Magoo.  It's for a close friend of mine who will be having a birthday in about three weeks.  I've tried to customise her to make her a little personalised.  I've added a tattoo of a sun, I've made her wear a skirt with a frill (as per the receipient!) and I stuffed up the ear, so I've hidden it with a cleverly placed matching yoyo!  Then when I woke up this morning, I thought she was missing something, so I added a beaded bracelet and a scarf!  I'm very happy with the finished product, just hope she is too!



Finally, I have a follower and my first comment - it was sooooo exciting I called my bf in to show and did a little happy dance - so thanks so much Kimberly, you made my month!  Off now to make a flying geese bag for the next gift - thanks for the great tutorial!


All these gifts, when will the paper piecing get a leg in... ha ha
Til next time, T x

1 comment:

  1. I favor having the ability to observe some tips i desire to get in now there. Have a style for a case using either apparent vinyl as well as materials which could often be pleasant. At this moment I must find time for it to make it...




    RS Gold
    Tera Power Leveling
    Buy RS Gold

    ReplyDelete